Submit a Proposal
The Allen County Board of Commissioners are seeking a partnership between broadband provider(s) and Allen County, Indiana to apply to the Middle Mile Broadband Infrastructure program (MM). Below you find details on the MM program and partnership overview.
- Submission Deadline – September 30th, 2022
- Location – Allen County, Indiana
MM Program Overview
The MM program includes $1B for high – speed Internet access funded by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to expand middle mile infrastructure. The program will help reduce the cost of connecting unserved and underserved areas. Middle mile infrastructure broadly refers to the midsection of Internet infrastructure that carries large amounts of data at high speeds over long distances. This program will also increase the resilience of Internet infrastructure.
Allen County has recognized that the MM application is an in depth and substantial grant application that requires a partnership with a broadband technology company, electric utility, utility cooperative, public utility district, telecommunications company, and/or telecommunications cooperative to pursue this grant. Therefore, the Board of Commissioners of the County of Allen welcomes eligible entities to partner with Allen County to support its grant application efforts.
- MM Partnership Publication/Post Date – June 10th, 2022
- Letter of Interest Submission Deadline to Allen County – July 1st, 2022
- Proposal Submission Deadline to Allen County – August 1st, 2022
- Allen Co. Proposal Review – August 2nd-5th, 2022
- Allen Co. Partnership Selection(s)/Notification(s) – August 10-12th, 2022
- Allen Co./Provider Partnership Application Finalization – August 15th-September 16th, 2022 Final Application Submission to NTIA – September 23, 2022
- NTIA Award Date – March 1, 2022
- 5 Year Award Implementation – March 2023 +